Thursday, November 27, 2008

DAY 5 11/26

Busy day with the holiday approaching and guests in town. Took Ty and nieces and nephews to the Dallas Aquarium today. Ty did very well, was engaged with the exhibits and handled crowds well. Long car ride both ways, kids loud and a restaurant stop on the way home, Ty did pretty good. A little restless in restaurant, and self combusted when we returned home. Not bad, recovered fast.. a 10 minute crying jag and wanted us to lay down with him (had giggle fits in btwn crying). First thought was the french fries I ordered in restaurant for him may have had gluten coating, but normally a dietary infraction wouldn't affect him this bad - so probably just a full day and needed some time to decompress. Certainly having the extra kids "in his face" is a biggie for him. Does much better with adults than peers.
Missed stool yesterday, hubby caught it - said formed and on the smaller side, similar to what we have been seeing, and only one for the day. I am still not seeing much change in cognitive function. I will say that the use of the few words he does have, articulation has been more consistent. So when I prompt a vocal for cracker when he signs it, I may get "ca-ca, ca-ga, ba-ca", just a random attempt to get what he wants - yesterday I got "acker" every time (he can say "acker" but it is random when we get it) - same with "go" the other day at park - very clear and articulated, no random babble with it. He has also been babbling a nice "mom" (this is a target word at school) and although he isn't using it appropriately with me (though happens on occassion), he is articulating it beautifully. Verbal stimming in general is up the past few days.
One other note - feet are so darn sweaty lately.. took off shoes the other day and his socks were practically soaked! Need to take a UTM sample..

1 comment:

The Leons said...

Where is your TCM doc located. I am seeing one but I get the herbs that are already compounded. I'd like to do the Tea. I see ok results on the capsules but want something more specific for my kid.I can tell these are manufactured. Please let me know
Thanks sleon05@yahoo.com