Saturday, November 29, 2008

DAY 8 11/29

Ty awoke happy, but phlegm in throat is back - likes to "hack stim" (clearing throat) and he is doing that this morning. I can hear the wet movement of phlegm. Lots of verbal stimming noise making, but then out of nowhere he started clear baby babble. I don't think I have heard a strong "la-la" babble in years. I even got him to echoic back and forth with me. Very nice. Was thinking about liquid diarreah being pool water ingestion last night, but it occured to me that when I went to clean his bottom, he was really uncomfortable (flinched and pulled away) and butt/legs had that "flash burn" red like we haven't seen since he used to have bacterial die off as a toddler when his gut was a total mess. I am now wondering if the ingestion of so much water (albeit gross chemical water, lol, ugh) didn't act like an enema and flush him out. We gave night tea after diarreah episode, and he slept well, so I don't think he is getting sick - no more diarreah episodes.

Verbal stim is fairly prominent the rest of the day. Ty pitched a fit this afternoon when I went to my folks house to pick something up and he didn't get to go in. This awareness is kind of interesting, and it took me a minute to make the connection, but he definetly started fussing when I backed out of her driveway after getting what I needed out of the garage. It took almost 10 mins when we got home to settle him back down. I have noticed this now a couple of times this week, getting worked up where before he was easy going. Could be he has better awareness and is just having more frustration with the lack of language to make his feelings known? I hope so, as our one area of no progress has been motivation to communicate. I almost like the "typical" fit, at least I know he's in there!!!

Noticing Ty has red circles under his eyes and tonight I found red dots on his arms while bathing him. They are not the pinprick dots, but more like mosquito bite size. He has 6-8 on each arm, and they are only on the area an inch or two above and below the elbow?? Too similar on both arms to be bug bites, can only think they could be a viral detox of some sort? Chicken pox ? Ty was most reactive to his varicella vaccine, and throughout valtrex we got similar trunk marks periodically. Wasn't expecting this on the herbs?!
BM today, small and formed, a little bit of loose with it. Before bed, one tiny wet stool that flash burned his skin again... whole anus area looking a bit patchy chapped, and a few more pimples on butt last night.

No comments: