Wednesday, February 11, 2009

DAY 82

Awoke at 4am this morning - yeast or the uva ursi I gave him, either way it needed to handled! A good day at school though, and teacher remarked that his communication device eval was going well and showed nice signs of unprompted use. The final report will be made next week, and a decision if this is the route we will take for him.
He had a good afternoon - I pulled every word he could say or sign and put them on notecards today.. then ran a trial "what does this say?" - he did great, got about 28 of 30 correct w/o prompt. I am going to be running a lot of his skills the next few weeks, as he has an IEP scheduled in March and I always like a current video in my back pocket if need be, lol. I have been really pushing the school to look past ABLLS (so much of it is dependent on language) and challenge him with more academics, especially words, with are truly motivating to him. I know they "hate me for that" as they like to run their program by the book, but frankly I still insist Ty is bored with his curriculum and needs to be challenged to shine!
Should be an early night tonight, though currently he is showing no signs of a 4am waking and school mentioned no naps!

No comments: