Tuesday, December 2, 2008

DAY 11 12/2

Ty was happy at breakfast - nice interaction happened. I turned down the volume on his dvd player and he immediatly went to turn it back up, but he hesitated and maintained eye contact with me. I told him "don't do that, daddy is sleeping and it is too loud." Well he watched me like a hawk, finger hovering over player, and I kept his gaze with a stern face. This went on for about 15 seconds and as I turned my back to get something out of the pantry, he went for it. I caught him out of the corner of my eye and whipped back around and before I could say anything, he stopped dead in his tracks, wide eyed and stone faced. I let my angry face crack a slight smile, and he burst out laughing! He totally got the entire scenario with intent, and read my emotions. And this isn't the first time in the past 10 days that we have seen this - he is definetly more aware and engaged.. interactions are expanded and no longer fleeting, joint attention excellent! Really cool!


OK, now we're gettin' somewhere - teacher wrote "Ty was more active around the room today, walking from area to area", however she noted more vocal stimming also and he tore all the paper off the crayons, lol.

BM on potty afterschool (more volume than I have seen lately), normal smell. More great interaction. Ty was swinging in his room and holding his dvd player (multi-tasker, lol). He kept listening to the "Franklin" intro. song, so I began singing to it. He started stopping it at a certain point, and listening to me sing, then he would smile and restart it - I think he was giving me an intra-verbal trial.... HA, HA! He did this about 5 times and giggled everytime I sang (ok, I'm a bad singer), but he really enjoyed our little game. Another example of improved joint attention for sure!

No comments: