Friday, December 26, 2008

DAY 35

Interesting developments. Ty and I both had a cold coming on the past few days. I ramped up LDM-100, OLE and Oregano for ME and I am virtually symptom free after just one day of congestion. I didn't want to disrupt the tea regimine for Ty with other stuff, so I decided to just let it do its thing and see how his cold played out. Well, this is one of his stranger colds - like me he sounded head congested, but he had no loose nasal discharge, just some hefty boogers! But under his nose, he had a red welt (like you might see on a child who is wiping their nose all the time) and yet, he wasn't. Very weird. It looked like a red moustache yesterday and is fairly faded this morning. Today he has some chest congestion but is in good spirits.

As for Christmas day, we spent the day at my parent's with other relatives. Normally, Ty goes straight for their playroom where there is a VCR and he can go back to his old favorite video stim (we no longer have a VCR at our house so he is always happy to have his stims from the past there). He rarely comes downstairs when we are there. But not yesterday, he was up there for about an hour and spent the rest of the day with everyone in the family room. He wandered a lot but definetly wasn't that interested in secluding himself, which was great. We also brought him in underwear there for the first time (I tend to keep a pull up on him there as Mom has all white carpeting, lol), but he used the potty all day - I prompted a few times, and he had a BM independently when we got home last night! Another nice one this morning, they are back to being formed. Will probably try the oat/barley trial again to see if that was our problem the other day. Shredding stim of late is probably reduced 50% (huge improvement) and new calm is noticable on this current batch of tea. Babble is sounding very good, vocal stimming is also reduced about 50% (only true negative that came on when we began the tea). I am actually getting fairly excited to get through this next week of vacation and send him back to school for an "unbiased assessment" from his teachers. Hubby and I both agree he looks "better" (y'all know that feeling you get when you can't necessarily say one huge thing or another, but the kids just look more with it and present!).

My daughter got me the "Between Heaven and Earth" book, by Harriet Beinfield, LAc and Efrem Korngold, LAc, OMD that was suggested reading on TCM, for Christmas, and what little I have been able to dive into thus far has been a fascinating read. Hopefully I can find a quiet corner and enjoy it more today (lol).

No comments: