Friday, January 9, 2009

DAY 49

Last night while tucking Ty into bed was amazing! I had finished his story and was just lying there with him. We were head to head on his pillow, direct eye contact. I said I love you, and he said "I uh oo", so I said "mama" and he repeated a beautiful one back, then I said "night night" and he said "na-na"... now none of these are necessarily new words (though clarity was much improved), but the engagement was really great, so I kept it going. He was doing his "tense stim" in btwn our verbal interactions and so I joined him and tense stimmed him back. Ty thought this was hilarious and laughed and laughed... we took turns back and forth. Finally, I said "it is time for bed, go to sleep - shhh" and turned off his light... then I hear "SHH!" back - Really great!
Good day at school... wandered some at home, and when he wanted more straws to stim on, I flat out said NO, to which he yelled "no" back at me!!! That was impressive!

No comments: