Saturday, January 10, 2009

DAY 50

Ty is holding his own - my older daughter and I sat down and tried to play Candyland with him, lol. While he had no concept of what was taking place, he DID sit w/o fussing, that is progress! I have been pulling out academics throughout the day and he is also running quick 10 minute trials with me every 30 minutes, again, progress. Normally, the minute I present the material, I get a screech. This is just going to be a very long and arduous process to stimulate engagement on that level - interupt a stim, get something done, let him stim, and so on. Maybe we can build on it slowly. He had in home tutors last year for 2 hrs a day, 7 days a week - but there is no more $ for that and such is life (hence my guilt of finding another way!).

We are doing another Tomatis boost next week (5 days, Thur. - Tue.) I am very excited about this, as he is in a nice calm place and even showing "preverbal" skills. We have had such good success with this therapy in the past, always seeing something after every session whether it be potty success, receptive, more self regulation, etc. I pray that language will be a strong hit this next session.

Last night before bed he said "lu" instead of "uh" for love and we got a few more defiant "no's" today. Overall, I am pretty darn excited with his verbal attempts lately. Vocal stimming is finally on the decline, shredding is still at 50% reduction since we began the tea, and requesting continues to show motivation!

No comments: