Thursday, January 22, 2009

DAY 62

Ty got into some Nutter Butter cookies yesterday afternoon, lol - very happy guy! Didn't see any repurcussions until a night waking at 330am this morning. Not sure it was the food infraction though. While eating breakfast I realized his cheeks were flushed, again thought of the infraction as he was wired for sound and incredibly stimmy all morning, but on a whim took his temperature and it was 100. As any tired mommy would do, I quickly gave him motrin before his bus arrived, LOL, and sent him on his merry way (he was in a great mood, or so how I justified it!) I had told the teacher about the night waking in his comm. notebook, so if he tanks during the day, she'll think it was that - if the fever returns they will call regardless and I'll go get him. Then we'll have to decipher if the fever is an illness or was triggered by the new batch of tea. One boy in his class had strep last week (of course, Ty's strep titers were at one point as high as 15 times the reference range, so he always has strep as far as I'm concerned.......). Oh happy day, ugh.
No call from school during the day - 99 fever when he got home, slight flushed cheeks, no ill demeanor. Very stimmy still.. lots of flapping - ammonia in the house! He has the cbs mutation and his ammonia ran very high even with Yasko, take into consideration the high protein we have been feeding him and I can't ignore it. I gave him 1/2 cap GABA this afternoon and some Ammonia RNA, as well as 1/4 tab of BH4 - we'll stay at that for the week and see what happens. While I love the tea for certain aspects, I do believe certain "autism areas" aren't being addressed on it.. mainly dopamine/seratonin, we'll play around and see what happens. Keep yah posted!

No comments: