Wednesday, January 28, 2009

DAY 68

SCHOOL'S CLOSED - Groundhog Day! WHAAA!

I took away Ty's favorite stims (am I crazy, lol) and started working with him on identifying high frequency sight words. Whoa, he is terrible working for me.. pitched a huge fit. But to my surprise I got vocal approximations for "A", "I", and "ME" - "me" is new, we knew he could echoic A and I. He also said "no" several times when he was mad - gotta love motivation and language! New thing with the train today is he doesn't want the track set up.. (that was short lived) - so everytime he walks by it, he takes the track apart. I went ahead and put it away and brought out a car toy instead and he is approaching it - slow, slow progress with toy play.



On the biomed front... we are begining to add back some key Yasko supps as I had mentioned earlier in the week. I carefully went through Ty's genetics this morning and will be looking at areas that I feel the tea will not benefit (or areas that looked "stressed" since we took him off of everything). I am going to work up slowly to add back about 20 supplements. I am not going to concentrate on organ support or gut, as I feel the tea is doing a terrific job in these areas. Instead, I am focused on neurotransmitter aspects, and will eventually work toward methylation pathway supports. Hopefully we can find a nice balance and get some testing done to see where things are. In a perfect world I would have sent off a UAA and MAP when he started to tank, but in a perfect world, I could pay my VISA bill.. lol. This go around is going to have to be soley on me watching him, as it is "priceless" information~! Otherwise, he was his happy self today - wandering a lot and probably in need of some serious structure, which he did not want me to provide, lol!

No comments: