Saturday, January 24, 2009

DAY 64

Slept well and had a happy, stimmy morning - some vocal high pitched noises (those had decreased quite a bit) and noticed more ear covering the past few days (we have seen this EVERY time we add or increase GABA, so not surprising.) What is surprising is that he is only tolerating small amount of GABA ... 64 days ago he was taking 3 capsules a day! Now I am seeing effects with a 1/4 capsule. Adding back key supps. is going to be a balancing act like no other with the tea.
Overall a really good day for Ty - boring, as it was cold and we hung out mostly in the house, but his requesting was up, echoics nice, and we got 2 independent BM's in the potty. One interesting note - he kept pulling us to the door to the garage. We would say "no bye bye", but he wouldn't give up. Finally I remembered my husband had brought home some stuff from my parent's attic and right outside the car door on Ty's side was an open plastic tub of a Thomas the Train set (it was my older son's and we always saved it for Ty but through the years he has had no interest what so ever in it. Hubby brought it back to our house for a neighborhood boy!) And so on a whim, I went out in the garage and got the bucket of tracks and trains... Ty's eye's lit up when I brought it in the house. He sat with me while I made the track arrangement and pushed the trains appropriately around it. Now, it didn't last long - kept his attention for 5 minutes, tops, but his toy play skills have NEVER progressed, nor has interest level, so this was pretty exciting initiation on his part!!!!

No comments: