Sunday, January 18, 2009

DAY 58

Slept well, but the appetite thing is driving us crazy. We have tried more protein which I am a little uneasy about as he has high ammonia/cbs up regulation and I feel like it is just compounding the situation. On the other hand, he is in the kitchen non stop seeking food. We are literally feeding him 5-7 full meals a day with snacking in btwn. Meanwhile, what goes in, must come out and he is now pooping 2-3 times a day, larger stools but still formed (notable vomit smell remains). Today, we had 2 BM accidents and 2 independent successes. There is no rhyme or reason as to the sudden regression in potty training - still no urine accidents. I don't get it and am just hoping that it will turn around.
Seems like I have been frantic with the negatives lately, it is always difficult to watch a regression. We have had a few little incidents lately that have been nice. At Tomatis he wanted to take the headphones off toward the end of his session and he told the staff "ake off". We have never heard that before. The other day he was taking his tea, and I had poured a slightly larger cup than usual. He kept taking his sips and checking the cup to see if it was gone and finally looked at me and said "all done" and put the cup to my lips to finish it, lol. And today while taking the dogs for a walk, he went the whole mile with us.. playing with a stick dragging it in the grass, picking some flowers, held the dog's leash for a bit - and when I went to show him the airplane in the sky, he was quick to mimick my point. Funny, he can say "ah-pane" but when I got down to his level and had him follow the point and prompt say airplane, he got a funny grin on his face and lowered his head... it was like he was thinking, I can't but I want to.

No comments: